Why do I FINALLY figure out with child #7 that a party at Mickey D's is the way to go? I am telling you, it was great and easy, close to home and best of all CHEAPer than another "cheezy" place we've been to before. I made the invitations using some images from online and emailed it to WalMart for one hour pickup.
Then I made sure I purchased thank you gifts (McDonald's Halloween treat certificates, $1 for a pack of 12). Just so you think I didn't go cheap all the way, each invited child got a whole pack of certificates with a gummy hamburger. I got the children's happy meal order before they came and wrote it on a label to stick to their bag- pic #1 -meal sorting. I also had a name label that I could stick on their drink- pic #2. David wanted to know what his part in all this was. He thought it was security but really it was to climb up and get the "stuck" children. He's really good at that when Eli doesn't want to come down. One of Isaac's friends brought her 7 year old sister & I saw David waving directions to her through the play structure to get someone out. Lucky David-pic #7 (notice my new hair). Also, check out Isaac's new birthday buzz. We call it that but that's what you're gonna get at my house when you scalp yourself with scissors. So, all in all it was a successful b-day party for a cute, fun 5 year old. We received many kudos for our great idea. It wasn't our idea. It was Sheryl's. So, THANK YOU, Sheryl! We all had a great time and after an intense, loud, crazy couple of hours, I am glad it is over and I am glad my kidz don't get a big birthday party very often. Then I was off to have a one hour pumpkin facial. It was sooooooooo great!



10 comments:
I was wonderin ho that woman was looking so cozy with David...phew, I'm glad it was you. YOU LOOK HOT!
Great Idea! Happy Birthday to your cute boy, and I may steal this idea one day.
I didn't mean to write "ho"...that would be WHO!
Brilliant!
what a lucky boy to have such a fun party! Love the new do!
Who is that raven haired beauty snuggled up with David?? Love your do, love Issac and his haircut and all your family, Dad
Whoa, what made you chop and darken? You are so much braver than I am. I am just praying my hair turns white soon so I don't have to do anything to it anymore. Pumpkin facial sounds delish!
Shelby had her birthday at "Old McDonalds" last year and it is totally the way to go!
How did you make the cool photo collage at the top of the post? I just posted a million pictures because I cannot figure out how to do anything but post big photos on blogger! Please teach me the trick!
This is one way to do collages. I have a program that does it, but you don't, here you go!!
Picture Collage How-To
*Open Microsoft Powerpoint
*A blank presentation page will come up
*Click on the text boxes and delete them
*Click on the "Insert" tab on the top toolbox menu
*Under the 'Insert' tab, click "Picture" then "From file"
*Go to wherever you have your desired picture stored and double click
*Your picture will appear (usually quite large) in the powerpoint document, just resize
*Repeat & move pictures around until you have your collage
*Click on "File", then "Save As"
*Add a title in the "File Name" box
*In the "Save as Type" box below the file name, click on JPEG.
*Click save, and voila! An amateur and efficient way to do a quick collage.
*You can download this as a picture to your blog, to print, whatever.
Wow Kelly I didnt even recognize you!!! You are one Hot Sexy MAMA!!!! Oh and the party did look fun to. Good Job as always!!
Love Ya
What it a pumpkin facial? And how do I get one?? Sounds awesome!!
It was definitely worth playing hookey for! Gabe had a great time!
Post a Comment