Disclaimer: Naomi has a better camera. Naomi has a better eye. Naomi has a better post. Naomi is a better writer. Naomi has better humor. I am just posting this because..... well, so you know I was really there! Anyway, check out
Naomi's blog.
Monday I was invited by my niece, Lori, to join her in Long Beach at the Mitt Romney rally. (well, it was an invitation to anyone who reads her blog) How could I not go? I then posted an invitation for others to join me.....still no comments! But I did get a phone call from Naomi who said she'd love to go but couldn't. It didn't take much coaxing to get her to join me and it was the most fun I'd had in a long time. By the way, I have Naomi's two youngest boys here as I am typing, (part of the coax). Anyway, we met up with Lori and Wyatt who ran into a lot of people from their ward & stake & then Naomi saw some friends from when she lived in Manhattan Beach. I ran into so many friends which made it fun, as well... Diana Garner Moffat & her cutest family, Mike & Kathy O'Connor, Officer Calderon (Andrew), Dave Thompson & family, Rick Adams (Dad, do you remember him?) The Smiths from Temecula, The Fallentines (used to be in Temecula), some past CUW friends & many people that looked familiar and just because of the rally, they WERE all my friends.

We knew our friend, Mike, was traveling abroad and wasn't able to be there with us so we tried to represent for him. Jake was the one who carried us through by proudly holding the sign when all other signs were put down. YES, Mike's sign was being held up THE ENTIRE TIME!!! It's the orange one! You'll see this sign again.

The energy and excitement couldn't be matched and I loved hearing all of the encouraging statements Mitt had to say. Until.....something caught my eye like never before. It was Mullet Man in his silver jacket. I have never seen a Mullet so perfectly coiffed. It was hot! I tried to get close enough to smell what kind of conditioner was used because I would really like to have my hair as soft and supple as his appeared to be.

I did talk to Mullet Man after his attempt to shake Mitt's hand but I could see the disappointment in his eyes that meant he didn't. sidenote: Sam shook Mitt's hand! So, I now found it my quest to get pictures of every angle of the "mullet". By the way, you may want to check out:
http://www.mulletjunky.com/
So, anyway back to the rally. It was so much fun. I loved it! It was definetely an evening to remember. I loved that Jake and Sam got to be there to witness a small part of the political process. Mike, I wish you could have been there with us. With all the photos (shown below) of you & your family and your deep committment to Mitt I hope you feel we did you proud!
By the way, don't forget to vote for Mitt!
8 comments:
kelly you are too funny. I voted today and can't wait to hear the results!!
how fun that you got to go the the rally. I think your posters were great and you made me feel like I was there with you.
OK, I am CRYING, I am laughing so hard. You have got some mad photoshop skills, girl!
I had no idea that Mike was such a driving force behind Mitt's success! I have a feeling that with that kind of brain-power on his side, Mitt is going to go places!!
This is hysterical! I not only love the mullet (greasy) but I love the sheen on the jacket, too! How fun that you decided to go! Looks like you and Naomi had somuch fun! Go "Moms for Mitt!"
LOL!! Great pictures mom!! It looks like you guys had a great time and you got to see a lot of people that you haven't seen in a long time too!
I'm glad to hear Mike has finally seen the light!
Stunning, stunning photoshopping skills. It's killing me. My attorney says it will all hold up beautifully in court!
And the only light I've seen would be the red taillights of Mitt's limo hauling him back to Massachusetts. Man, I picked the wrong week to leave the country!
Kelly! It's good to see you. It's been forever since I've been down to Cali. I saw your blog on Cari Rath's site and had to stop by and say hi. You are so funny. You look fantastic, by the way. How do you do that with 8 kids?! Too bad he dropped out huh? Nice Mullet picture!
Post a Comment