Today begins a new year of our ward bookclub. YEA!!! Our summer book to read was "Twilight". I hope we will also discuss "Midnight Sun". It was great too! Needless to say once you read "Twilight" you just have to read the others in the series. Now we have to wait until the fall of 2008 to read "Breaking Dawn". I read a couple of other 'written for teenagers' books. They were cute, but didn't suck me in like the twilight series. I am not a Harry Potter fan so felt no obligation there. I was surprised that with all that goes on around here I found any time to read at all. I am currently reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". When I was at my mother's in June she had just finished it. It just may have been the last book she read. Although she read her scriptures nightly. She enjoyed reading. I am thankful for her exampleThursday, August 30, 2007
BOOK CLUB!
Today begins a new year of our ward bookclub. YEA!!! Our summer book to read was "Twilight". I hope we will also discuss "Midnight Sun". It was great too! Needless to say once you read "Twilight" you just have to read the others in the series. Now we have to wait until the fall of 2008 to read "Breaking Dawn". I read a couple of other 'written for teenagers' books. They were cute, but didn't suck me in like the twilight series. I am not a Harry Potter fan so felt no obligation there. I was surprised that with all that goes on around here I found any time to read at all. I am currently reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". When I was at my mother's in June she had just finished it. It just may have been the last book she read. Although she read her scriptures nightly. She enjoyed reading. I am thankful for her example
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm reading Eclipse and can't wait ot see what happens at the end. Let me know the next book your club reads, I'll join in from afar.
Lunch, next week?
Memory Keeper's Daughter really caught and held me. There was just so much depth to it. Let me know what you think once it's done.
Do you like your new book so far? Maybe you can pass it on to me when you are done. Love ya!
I wanted to throw Twilight across the room! Eccchhh. I am a huge Ann Rice fan so maybe that is the problem. I did not care a whit about any of the characters and come one, doesn't anyone realize these people never age or eat? Count me out for any more of those. I am half way through Memory K's Daughter and it is very good. Kelly, you must read A Girl Named Zippy and She Got Up Off the Couch (in that order) by Haven Kimmel. It will take you back to your childhood and these books are both heartbreaking and hilarious. Best I have read this summer ...
Post a Comment