Who remembers Beautiful Crissy, the doll with the growing hair? She was awesome! She had a dial on her back that would wind her hair up and a button on her tummy that you would push to release her hair back out. She also had a little sister named Velvet. My friend had Velvet and I had Crissy. She was one of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received. Well, I still have my Crissy doll. Yes, I STILL have her. Not too long ago when Joyce was here we got out the old Doll box and had a fun time. Crissy was begging us to do a fashion show. You know how she can be sometimes, so here it is- the one, the only Crissy Fashion Show! The clothing that will be featured in this fashion show were designed and sewn by my very own sister, Karen. (By the way, did you know Karen invented pantyhose?) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the show...
This is Crissy in a peasant sleeved mod-mini dress layered over a white bell bottom trouser. She is a daring girl with enough self confidence to wear a fountain atop her head. "You Go Crissy!"
Now you see Crissy in a 3 piece vest ensemble sporting a bob hairstyle. I think my mother thought of Crissy as her favorite daughter because they had matching outfits like this!
Now it's off to the club for some doubles with Biff, Warner & Muffy. (this is the longest Crissy's hair goes- shouldn't it go to her ankles?
And when you need that perfect Halloween costume- look no further. The Roaring 20's flapper is always a fashionable choice! Sidenote: It appears that I hacked at Crissy's hair more than once, don't you think?

8 comments:
I loved the fashion show. What a treat. I can't believe you still have her.
A few years ago Karen and I went through all my Barbie stuff and looked at the clothes she had made. I love that you have Crissy still and I had an outfit (for ME, not a doll) made out of that black floral-patterned velvet! Thanks for the memories.
What a fun way to wake up on a Sunday morning. You made me smile.
If I had Crissy when I was young--she would have had a haircut first thing, then I would have cried because it didn't grow back.
Loved the fashion show!! Crissy looked great!
Do your neighbors wonder at you out on the driveway madly dressing dolls? :)
Talk about a blast from the past! I love that you made clothes for her. How cool is that?
I had the Crissy Baby Doll. It was big like a doll instead of like a "barbie doll." That poor thing was dragged around by her hair and survived a traumatic eyelash pull out . . .
Thanks for the laughs!
How funny! I didn't have a Chrissy doll, but I had the Skipper Barbie. If you twisted her arm backward, she instantly grew up...boobs and all!
Kelly, your fashion show was great! I had forgotten about the Crissy doll - I had one and loved changing her hair! Thanks for the fun! Mary
Post a Comment