Tuesday, November 13, 2007

{Thanksgiving 20}

I've been stalking a blog that I love, love, love (thanks, Lisa) and found this little diddy in her archives. I thought it would be a little Thanksgiving fun!

1. Do you cook all or part of the meal?
I am cooking all of the meal. I cooked last year too.

2. How much do you spend buying groceries for the meal?
I'm thinking that with everything I am looking at about $100 or so.

3. Do you eat at home or somewhere else?
This year, we are eating at home but I am thinking that I liked Heidi's idea of Hometown Buffet. It seems much easier and probably cheaper. You just don't get to have the leftovers.

4. Describe your perfect bite.
It happens to be the turkey sandwich, later on Thanksgiving evening on a homemade roll with honey mustard.

5. White meat or dark meat?
What's dark meat?

6. Stuffing with giblets or without?
NO GIBLETS! My mom used to make 2 gravys. One with giblets and one without.

7. Anything you won't eat at the Thanksgiving meal?
Cranberry sauce and Pumpkin pie. That's right! I do not like pumpkin pie! But I will serve it and lick the cool whip spoon.

8. Do you carve the turkey at the table or serve it on a platter?
Serve it on a platter. David carves it. Woo hoo, one thing I don'e have to do.

9. Favorite pie?
Mmm...Pecan!!

10. Formal table or chinet?
Let's just call it "casual elegance". My mother, of course, did formal and beautiful.

11. Your menu:
Turkey, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, pretzle jello, sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing, cranberry sauce.

12. Favorite leftover:
Turkey sandwich, of course.

13. Extended Family, Friends or just Immediate Family?
This year my Dad will join us and Aaron is coming, too.

14. After dinner, do you go to the latest movie, watch football, or take a turkey-induced snooze?
Uh, ummm... I'll be doing dishes for hours!

15. Do you watch the Macy's parade?
I might turn it on for a few minutes to see if the boyz care about the big balloons but I won't sit and watch it or waste valuable recording space for it.

16. Christmas decorations up before or after?
After. It just isn't right to put up Christmas decor or even listen to music until after. But we break out the music Thanksgiving night.

17. Black Friday shopping or sleep in?
I love black Friday. I have stood in lines for extreme amounts of time in years past. Last year I shopped online for just about everything but this year I have the urge to be out there and fight the crowds.

19. Favorite thing about Thanksgiving?
I love the feeling I have as I contemplate all of the blessings that I have been given. Not just on Thanksgiving day but throughout the whole holiday season. I may change the decorations in my home to Christmas but my thankful heart is full for months.

20. Favorite Thanksgiving memory?
I have a worst but I won't share that...oh wait, I have 2 worst! But, really, any Thanksgiving with my Mom and Dad was special. The food was heavenly and being with all the family I love so much, was priceless. I still love Thanksgiving when I spend it with my husband and children no matter where we are. Just being with those I LOVE is my favorite!

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I love standing in lines with you on Black Friday! That is one of my favorite things that we did when I lived at home!! This year will be the first year ever that I'll have to work on Black Friday!! We'll see home it goes!!

frizzlefry said...

Hopefully this knee will be better for black Friday. I don't even know if I will buy anything, but I am compelled to go every year. Pretty funny for someone who hates to shop!

Amy said...

I love your Thanksgiving post!

Hey, I good job on your weight loss so far. You are doing great!

Happy Holidays!

cari said...

Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday because it's always about the family!!!! Although I love my in-laws it has been so hard for me to share that particular holiday with his family over mine. I know, I need to just get over it.

michele said...

What is Black Friday? (In response to "What is dark meat?") Please PLEASE lose the Cool Whip ... for me!